As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Are you looking for the best quiet keyboard? If so, continue reading because this review is designed just for you. The noise that comes from rapidly typing on a keyboard tends to annoy people. Some find it hard to deal with, particularly when trying to concentrate on work.
If you feel this way, others might feel the same or may have more difficulty when it comes to a noisy environment. Regardless of why you’re searching for a quiet keyboard, you will be able to type at a low whisper or complete silence depending on the brand.
In this buying guide and review, we will go over five of the best quiet keyboards and some essential details on how to make a decision that fits your needs. Let’s take a look!
Best Quiet Keyboard Reviews 2020
Best Seller: RATEL 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE COMBO: RATEL wireless keyboard and mouse combo offer 104 key full-size keyboard with numeric keypad and a...
- STABLE 2.4G WIRELESS CONNECTION: 2.4 GHz wireless provides a powerful and reliable connecton up to 10m(33 feet) without any delays. One plug...
- LOW PROFILE KEYS & SILENT MOUSE: The advanced crater switch can reduce noise, sleek, streamlined, elegant and compact keyboard design let...
RATEL 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo is designed with a laser-carved keycap that prevents the letters on the keys to not be worn. The advanced crater-switch whisper design ensures a 70 percent reduction in click noise when tapping the buttons.
The keys offer enhanced tactile response and a quieter typing experience for the user. Its sleek noiseless compact design allows you to have the benefit of comfortable, smooth typing and clicking. RATEL design lets you work without disturbing others, especially in a coffee shop, library, or a late work night at home.
The compact full-size keyboard includes 12 multimedia fast-access hotkeys for quick and easy access to your homepage, email, music, and etc. This combo deal comes with a quiet button and a high precision mouse with a reduced click noise feature.
It has versatile function keys and a built-in numeric keypad for excellent spreadsheets and finance applications. The 2.4GHz wireless technology offers a powerful and reliable connection of up to 33 feet away without any delays.
There is one plug and play receiver for both keyboard and mouse without installing any additional software. All that is necessary to connect is to plug the wired cord into the USB port on your electronic device, and you’re ready to research and work. Enjoy accurate and cursor control with the 1600 DPI invisible tracking engine technology.
The USB receiver can easily be stored on the battery compartment of the mouse when not in use. The RATEL all-in-one keyboard with spill-resistant design prevents accidental bumping of liquids from seeping into the components that would normally cause significant damage. It is designed with an anti-oxidation sealed membrane that extends the keyboard service life.
- Advance crater switch whisper-quiet keys
- 2.4GHz wireless technology with USB plug and receiver
- 12 multimedia hotkeys
- Laser carved keycap
- 1600 DPI invisible tracking engine technology
- Anti-oxidation sealed membrane
With whisper-quiet keys, slim keyboard design, and quiet technology, the RATEL Keyboard and Mouse Combo has become the best seller in today’s quiet keyboard industry. When using this product, you will never have to worry about disturbing others around you. The ultra-slim design takes up less space and can easily be carried everywhere you plan to work.
- Sleek and noiseless design
- Quiet keys
- Hotkeys that take you directly multimedia pages
- 70 percent reduction in click noise
- Not fully compatible with Mac systems
Top Pick: WISFOX 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Combo
- [2. 4G Stable Wireless Connection] : The micro receiver can be connected to the keyboard and mouse with only one USB port, plug and play, no...
- [12 Function Hotkey Design] : Quiet buttons let you enjoy comfort, smooth typing and click. Hotkeys provide easy access to applications and...
- [Fashion Full-Size Keyboard] : Compact Full-size keyboard includes fast-access hot keys, versatile function keys and built-in number pad....
WISFOX 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Combo is designed with a nice balance of full-size functionality and light, slim portability. The scissor-switch keys on the keyboard and hotkeys provide an impressive 98 percent reduction in noise. Each whisper-quiet key lets you enjoy comfort, smooth typing, and click.
If you work at home, this product is silent enough not to disturb your family even when they are asleep. You can concentrate better on your work with its quiet design features. With a distinctive curved streamlined keyboard, your desktop will look unique and elegant.
The keyboard adopts a slightly inclined design with the back being somewhat higher than the front, which is designed to reduce hand fatigue. The compact full-size keyboard includes a built-in number pad, and versatile function keys, and fast-access hotkeys.
The hotkeys offer quick and easy access to applications and media control. The quiet wireless keyboard features 12 easy-to-reach function keys for multimedia control of email, music, video, and etc. The micro receiver can be linked to the keyboard and mouse with the use of a 2-in-1 USB receiver, no other drivers or options necessary.
The WisFox wireless keyboard and mouse offer three DPIs from 800 to 1600 to meet your different office needs. It allows you to adjust the cursor sensitivity and track it more smoothly on a variety of surfaces. The 2.4 GHz wireless technology offers a stable connection with a wireless range of up to 33 feet.
The splash-proof technology prevents the internal components of the keyboard from getting damaged by accidental spills. The mouse and keyboard combination is ideal for entertainment, teaching, and saving you time to make life easier.
- Low-volume keys and silent buttons
- 12 easy-to-reach function hotkeys for multimedia
- Keyboard adopts a slightly inclined design
- Splash-proof design for preventing internal component damage
- Three DPIs from 800 to 1600
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology range up to 33 feet
WisFox whisper-quiet keyboard technology has outdone all others, making it the top pick in the industry. It’s suitable for families, offices, and travel. The wireless design has wide compatibility with Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- High DPI and ergonomic design
- Durable and wide compatibility
- No higher than a whisper, 30 decibels
- Offers internal component damage protection
- No built-in wrist rest
Best Value: VicTsing 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- 105 keys full size wireless keyboard: standard US layout (QWERTY) computer keyboard with number pad and num lock/caps lock/power indicator....
- Typing without fatigue: there are built-in foldable stands at back of wireless keyboard, just the right amount tilt angle for reducing the...
- Silent optical wireless mouse: exceptionally silent cordless mouse can reduce 98% clicking noise, click freely no matter you are at work or...
VicTsing 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo comes with a 2-in-1 receiver that you plug into a USB port and can begin using right away without any downloading or software. The 2.4GHz dropout free wireless technology provides a strong and reliable connection range up to 33 feet with no obstruction.
It has 12 multimedia hotkeys combined with FN to let you play music or movies, check email, browse the web, and so on. Hotkeys make it quick, efficient, and extremely convenient. The 105-key chiclet keyboard with a number pad has a quiet response and tactile feedback.
Adopt scissor-switch structure beneath each key, VicTsing wireless keyboard and mouse significantly reduces 98 percent of noise associated with typing and clicking. The distinct scissor-switch technology ensures shorter keystroke travel of 1.5 millimeters and a balanced keystroke force up to 65g, which improves precision during your typing.
What’s more, the mouse has a silent click with sensitive touch functions for smooth typing and whisper-quiet sound to improve work efficiency. The built-in foldable stands at the back of the wireless keyboard give the right amount of 6-degree tilt angle for reducing the pressure in your wrist.
The water-drop shaped keycap design offers soft clicking, making it more relaxed, precise, and instantly responsive without any delays. It is durable and water-resistant, so there is no need to worry about spills flowing into the internal components.
- 12 multimedia hotkeys combined with FN
- 105 keys full-size wireless keyboard
- Built-in foldable kickstand
- Anti-fatigue tilt with fast, responsive keys
- Low profile chiclet keycap
- Ergonomic slightly depressed water-drop design
- 2.4 GHz dropout free wireless connection up to 33 feet
- Plug and play with a 2-in-1 receiver
With all the keyboard and mouse combos on the market, VicTsing is the best value for the many features and technology it has to offer in the industry. The quietness of the keyboard and mouse allows you to work in a library, office, coffee shop, or at home without disrupting others nearby. The power-saving mode automatically saves energy when the keyboard is not in use, and the battery can last up to 15 months on standby.
- Protected from liquid spills
- Designed with reduce noise technology
- Strong wireless connection
- Installation is simple and easy to do
- Hotkeys are not fully compatible with Mac systems
Runner upArteck 2.4G Stainless Steel Ultra Slim Wireless Keyboard
- Easy Setup: Simply insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and use the keyboard instantly.
- Ergonomic design: Stainless steel material gives heavy duty feeling, low-profile keys offer quiet and comfortable typing.
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity lasts for 6 months with single charge (based on 2 hours...
Arteck 2.4G Ultra Slim Wireless Keyboard design has an ultra-thin and light, compact size with full-size keys, arrow keys, and number pad. What’s more, it offers hotkeys for quick and easy access to your most frequent multimedia pages. As this is a wireless keyboard, it does require some setup.
Insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and do some necessary pairing, then the keyboard is ready for use. Even though it can seem a bit annoying not to plug in and start typing right away, you do not have to spend a lot of time getting it up and running.
It provides 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a range of up to 33 feet. All wireless keyboards run on battery. The Arteck comes with a built-in industry-high rechargeable Li-polymer battery that can hold its charge for up to six months based on two hours of non-stop use per day.
This well-made wireless keyboard delivers the sort of quiet typing performance you expect from other entries on this review. The whisper-low profile keys bring a whole new comfort level to your fingertips and quietness to your typing.
The construction of the scissor-kick keys can be typed on regularly for more than three million times. Its comfortable keystroke structure exerts equal pressure and lower keystrokes in comparison with the clickety keyboards. The ergonomic design has a brushed stainless backside with silicone non-slip areas to prevent the keyboard from moving while you are typing.
- Nano USB receiver
- Ergonomic design made out of stainless steel
- Whisper-low profile keys
- Hotkeys for quick multimedia access
- Built-in industry-high rechargeable Li-polymer battery
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology provides a range of up to 33 feet
The Arteck has a crazy number of features that writers are raving about its high-end quality and dependability, which places it as the runner up in the keyboard industry. The quiet technology provides better concentration without disrupting others from their work, relaxation, or sleep.
- Slim and compact design
- Comfortable typing experience
- Reliable wireless connection
- Battery life lasts about six months for parttime use
- Lacks the ability to slant the keyboard
Also Consider: BFRIENDit Durable Ultra-Slim Wired USB Keyboard
- B.FRIENDit Not Only Want to Be Your Best Friend , But Also Hope to Be Your Best Wried Keyboard.
- 105 Keys Full Size Wired Keyboard With Numeric Keypad & Multimedia Keys , Low-profile keys Make You Enjoy the Comfortable and Whisper Quiet...
- Ultra-Slim Design with Scissor Key Structure , Soft-touch Easy-to-Read Keys Make Ensures Perfect and Accurate Keystrokes.
BFRIENDit Wired USB Keyboard has an ultra-slim design that is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 7, 8, 10, and vista. While some of you may prefer a wireless feature, this wired keyboard has plenty to offer without that particular feature.
The scissor key structure ensures perfect and accurate keystrokes with a whisper-quiet typing experience, of around 30 decibels. You can keep the silicone dust cover on the keyboard to make it even quieter, but it is already quiet.
The low-profile keys provide you with a comfortable and whisper-quiet typing experience. It is a 105 full-size wired keyboard with a numeric keypad, and multimedia keys are easy-to-read. The keypads are soft to the touch and have a smooth stroke to ensure perfect and accurate keystrokes.
The quality of the keys has no stickiness or stiffness; it is perfect for typing all day. The keys are simple and easy to disassemble and install for cleaning to extend the keyboard’s lifespan. As with any high-quality keyboard, BFRIENDit design provides fluid feedback for precise typing.
The wired keyboard design plug and play connection through USB can reach a length of 55 inches. On the bottom of the keyboard, five non-slip buttons help prevent the keyboard from sliding.
It provides the perfect angle for easy typing with its movable tripod stand located on the back of the keyboard. This wired keyboard comes in a variety of bright and fun colors, such as white and orange, black, pink, green, white, and silver.
- Movable tripod stand
- 105 full-size keys with numeric keypad
- Multimedia keys for quick and easy access
- Low-profile keys for comfortable and whisper-quiet typing
- Ultra-slim design for easy portability
- Scissor key structure design
- Five non-slip buttons
The BRIENDit design features and technology is ideal for home and office environments. Many typists also consider this keyboard for its quiet operation and key structure. It has a 1-year warranty, and full replacement if necessary within a half year.
- Perfect and accurate keystrokes
- Whisper-quiet typing experience
- Thin and lightweight design
- Wired for continues use
- Not as quiet as most
Best Quiet Keyboard Buying Guide 2020
Modern membrane switch technology has quieted down the older generation keyboards. There are plenty of quiet keyboards on the market, but determining the amount of noise they make can be quite challenging. In the guide, we will go over features to look for to help you to determine the level of quietness.
The Benefits of Using a Quiet Keyboard
There are many benefits to using a quiet keyboard. One that enters my mind is the reduction of noise. When writing or gaming, you obviously use the keys a lot on your keyboard and can disrupt those around you. However, if you have a quieter keyboard, those near you will barely hear the keys.
Another benefit of a quiet keyboard is how well you can concentrate when there are fewer disruptions from the keys’ sound. Scientific studies have learned that noise affect the cognitive performance in the brain. If there is less noise or complete silence, your brain can restore its finite cognitive resources.
This section of the brain has to do with your memory, reading attention, and problem-solving. Other benefits include improved concentration, lower stress levels, boost productivity, and increased precision while you are typing. You can work in places where it is required to be quiet, like the library, coffee shop, or office. If you have an office at your home, you can work late without disrupting your family.
What Are Some Features to Look For in a Quiet Keyboard?
The noise a keyboard makes is established by the key switching mechanism and the height of the keys. After reviewing several models, we have determined the main features to look for in a quiet keyboard. Let’s dig deeper at some of these features.
- Wired vs. Wireless – This all comes down to your individual preference. If you go wireless, you will want to look for one with a reliable connection. Although, you will be limited on USB ports for plugging in both keyboard and mouse unless you have a 2-in-1 receiver. Most keyboard and mouse combos come with one of these receivers. On the other hand, you could opt for a wired keyboard.
- GHz Wireless Technology – If you decide to go wireless, you want a keyboard that has an excellent GHz range. The GHz range is the connection between the keyboard and the plug-in receiver. In general, the GHz range is around 33 feet. Any wireless keyboard that exceeds past this point may experience loss of connection.
- Multimedia Hotkeys – If you are constantly checking your multimedia pages, multimedia hotkeys can be a lifesaver. A quick key that gives you a shortcut to your music, email, homepage, and more can save on valuable work time.
- Low-Volume Keys – Low-volume keys are balanced with more comfortability, quietness, even if you work 12 hours a day. The quiet noise it produces will not affect those around you and allow for more concentration.
- Water Resistant – Let’s face it! If you park yourself at your computer all day long, you are bound to have a drink nearby. A splash-proof design will help to prevent liquids spills from internal component damage. Having a keyboard style that offers water-resistant features will enhance the lifespan of the keyboard.
How to Select a Quiet Keyboard
There are many keyboards out in today’s market that is labeled to be silent, but they are not 100 percent quiet in reality. With that said, below, we will be discussing ways to decipher the difference before purchasing.
Size of the Keyboard
While working 8-10 hours a day, the size of the keyboard matters a lot. So, how do you know what size to get? The answer to this depends on your work type and working style. Like, if you are an accountant, you will want a full-size keyboard that offers a built-in numeric keypad. A content writer may benefit from getting a sleek and slender design with lower profile keycaps.
Writers can easily type quickly across the keys with a more comfortable typing experience. Now a gamer, on the other hand, will want one that has the extra keys necessary to play games. Look at the design and determine the best size and style keyboard that suits your typing needs.
The quietness of a keyboard is in the key switching mechanism. Back a few generations, keyboards had mechanical switches, which clicked on and off as you typed. Mechanical switch keyboards are a bit noisy and can disturb others.
Some newer generation keyboards use membrane switches, which activate a digital switch. Membrane switches tend to be much quieter than mechanical switches but may lack precision due to multiple key presses. Its sensitive nature has the keypress repeat many times with one touch.
As years have gone by, keyboard switches have become much quieter by placing more of a low key structure and customizable switch design. The scissor key switch has a shorter distance between the board and key to make it press quietly, smoothly, and efficiently.
It uses a scissor-like system that provides you with a better, quieter typing experience. These key factor switches will determine how quiet your keyboard will be, so be sure to manually check it yourself to see if it is quiet before purchasing.
Various Reasons Why you Might Need a Quiet Keyboard
To a certain extent, we did discuss a few reasons why earlier, but we prefer to explain it in more detail. After all, it really is not that obvious why you absolutely need a quiet keyboard in the first place.
If you are a student who uses a computer or laptop for studying, a quiet keyboard can be very helpful. As a student, you may have learned how to block out all of the sounds around you. However, you will be rendered speechless at how much better you can concentrate when your keyboard is quiet.
Likewise, if you are required to take notes on your laptop while in class, a quiet keyboard may be the ideal way to take them. You will then be able to take notes on your lesson without disturbing your professor and classmates.
For the Office
There are many rational explanations of why it is good to have a quiet keyboard available at work. Technically it does not matter where your work or the type of job you do. For instance, if you are in an office with 12 other people or more, you probably are familiar with the cumulative sound of your coworkers’ keyboard and how irritating it can be.
Clearly, quiet keyboards would be very beneficial in this scenario. Another prime example where a quiet keyboard would be valuable is if you work in a public receptions area. Key instances are a library, doctor’s office, hospital, and so on.
If your job has you positioned in the middle of everyone, your noisy keyboard could become more noticeable. When your work obligates you to do a lot of typing throughout the day, it is an excellent idea to invest in a quiet keyboard. When working at home, you can still benefit from having one.
Gamers can benefit from a quiet keyboard, as well. During gaming battles, players tend to hit the keys hardcore during a fight causing a lot of noise. A quieter keyboard can assist in keeping the overall noise level down.
This is great for maintaining concentration while you beat your opposing opponent. Having a quiet keyboard will allow you to continue your gaming even when your family has gone to bed.
Frequent Asked Questions
What is the Best Quiet Keyboard?
After long in-depth research, we discovered that the WISFOX 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Combo is the best quiet keyboard that writers and typist go for. It has an impressive 98 percent reduction in noise with comfortable and smooth typing. The next best quiet keyboard is Arteck 2.4G Ultra Slim Wireless Keyboard. More details on both of these quiet keyboards are a part of the review above.
What is the better quiet keyboard position, raised or flat?
Good question. Everyone seems to have an analysis on whether to have a flat or raised keyboard. Well, it all boils down to how your computer equipment is set up. No matter what posture you work in, you will always want your wrist wresting in a comfortable position while typing.
Some manufactures swear by the tilt position being the most comfortable while users claim a flat, quiet keyboard is better on the wrist. In this case, you may consider trying both a flat or tilt quiet keyboard and decide for yourself.
Is a quiet keyboard worth buying?
Yes. A quiet keyboard offers not only a peaceful environment; it helps you concentrate better. Many typists that buy a quiet keyboard find themselves producing more work and not being as stressed.
Do all quiet keyboards work with all computer systems?
Each quiet keyboard is ordinarily compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 7, 8, 10, and vista. Some are well-matched with Mac systems while others are not. To be most precise, read the information on the particular quiet keyboard you are interested in.
Is it beneficial to get a quiet keyboard with a sleep mode feature?
Most wireless quiet keyboards have a sleep mode feature to ensure the life of the battery. This keeps you working long before the battery dies, so we would say it is beneficial to have a sleep mode feature.
How do you know when a rechargeable quiet keyboard is charged?
First, be sure that the USB charging cable is connected to the rechargeable keyboard. Most rechargeable quiet keyboards have a blue light near the charging cable. Once the blue light shines bright, the quiet keyboard is charged. This process should take about two hours.
Are quiet keyboards more expensive than load noisy keyboards?
No. Quiet keyboards are not expensive. The price will be established by the number of features that the quiet keyboard has just like regular keyboards.
If you are having complications, you should check the batteries first. If you have already done that, try to re-sync your quiet keyboard. To do that, you ought to make sure the USB transmitter is plugged in at the back of your computer. Then, using the connect button at the back of the keyboard, turn it off and back on. If the sync worked, you should see a blue light appear on the front of the keyboard.
Is it necessary to have a numeric keypad on your quiet keyboard?
Numeric keypads are optional. However, it would make some jobs more accessible and quicker to do. For instance, an accountant uses numbers to calculate accounts, and by having the keys all in one place, you can be more efficient and faster. In this case, it would be wise to have a numeric keypad on your quiet keyboard.
Which is better a wired or quiet wireless keyboard?
This is a decision based on the user. Many people prefer wired keyboards for reliable connection and continue use. At the same time, other typists prefer to go wireless for the portability. If you should go wireless, you will need to either recharge or replace the battery often.
Wireless quiet keyboards can lose connection if moved out of range of the receiver. Whether you select wired or wireless, you will still be able to type efficiently and quietly.
That concludes the best quiet keyboard buying guide and review. Getting a quiet keyboard will boost your productivity, focus, and calm your work environment by escaping keystrokes’ noise. You might need to try a few keyboards until you find one that provides the right amount of quietness and comfort.
With some luck, one of these quiet keyboards, in this review, will be the perfect fit for your needs. As a result, you will soon enjoy the peacefulness a sound free work or play environment. If not, then remember all of the things you have learned on how to search for one. Good Luck!